There are many foot measurement definitions in the world.
INFOOT provides a function which assists user to build a foot measurement definition.
INFOOT Foot measurement definition is developed based on Anatomy, so that following Landmark means Anatomical Landmark Points.
INFOOT measurement normally uses Markers to determine Landmark points. In addition to that, No marker scanning is also available.
Minimum number of Landmark is 2(two), MT and MF.
Other landmarks need each marker for each landmark point to calculate dimension.
To apply foot data to Homologous modeling, 5 Landmarks(MT, MF, Sphyrion, Sphyrion Fibulare and Tentative Junction Point) scanning is needed (For more detail, Please see Homologous modeling).
INFOOT provides 2(two) kinds of Foot Axis.
- Pternion(Heel bone point) to the center point of foot breadth passing thru MT and MF
- Pternion(Heel bone point) to the #2 Head of Metatarsal
Measurement positions of Heel Breadth, Instep Circumference and some other measuerment are available to be defined in Configuration.
If you need more detailed information, please download the PDF file.
|Blue, Green||Calculated points|
|Yellow||Manually placed points|
|3||The most medial point of medial malleolus|
|5||The most lateral point of lateral malleolus|
|8||Tuberosity of 5th metatarsalis|
|11||Toe #1 joint|
|12||Toe #5 joint|
|13||Head of 2nd metatarsal bone|
|14||Tentative junction point|
|15||Top of Ball Girth point|
|16||Top of Instep point|
|17||Junction point(Tentative point is needed)|
|18||Tip of #1 toe|
|19||Tip of #2 toe|
|20||Tip of #3 toe|
|21||Tip of #4 toe|
|22||Tip of #5 toe|
|2||Ball Girth circumference|
|7||Fibulare Instep length|
|10||Toe #1 angle|
|11||Toe #5 angle|
note Foot length :
- Pternion (Heel bone point) to the center point of foot breadth passing thru MT and MF. (See above diagram)
- Pternion (Heel bone point) to the #2 Head of Metatarsal. (See above diagram)
note Toe angle :
- Angle between Base line (Medial/Lateral edge of Heel Breadth to Medial/Lateral edge of Foot Breadth) and the line passing thru Medial/Lateral edge of foot breadth to #1/#5 Toe side contact point. (See Left Top diagram)
- Angle between Base line (Parallel line passing thru Medial/Lateral edge of Foot Breadth) and the line passing thru Medial/Lateral edge of foot breadth to #1/#5 Toe sid contact point. (See Left bottom diagram)
|8||Height of Top of Ball Girth|
|9||Height of Instep|
|12||Toe #1 height|
|13||Toe #5 height|
|14||Height of Navicular|
|15||Height of Sphyrion fibulare|
|16||Height of Sphyrion|
|17||Height of the most lateral point of lateral malleolus|
|18||Height of The most medial point of medial malleolus|
|Angle of heel born|